1. Kelly, J. T., Colantuoni, E., Robinson, C., & Decker, M. R. (2018). From the battlefield to the bedroom: a multilevel analysis of the links between political conflict and intimate partner violence in Liberia. BMJ Global Health, 3(2), e000668.
2. Kelly, J., Albutt, K., Kabanga, J., Anderson, K., & VanRooyen, M. (2017). Rejection, acceptance and the spectrum between: understanding male attitudes and experiences towards conflict-related sexual violence in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. BMC women's health, 17(1), 127.
3. Kelly, J., Branham, L., Decker, M. R. (2016). Abducted children and youth in Lord’s Resistance Army in Northeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC): mechanisms of indoctrination and control. Conflict and Health, 10(1).
5. Kelly, J TD “This mine has become our farmland": Critical perspectives on the coevolution of artisanal mining and conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Resources Policy, 2014; 40: 100-108.
6. Kelly J TD, King-Close A, Perks R. Resources and resourcefulness: Roles, opportunities and risks for women working at artisanal mines in South Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo. Futures. 2014;62: 95-105.
7. Bartels S, Kelly J, Scott J, Leaning J, Mukwege D, Joyce N, VanRooyen M. Militarized Sexual Violence in South Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2013; 28(2): 340-358.
8. Bartels SA, Scott JA, Leaning J, Kelly JT, Mukwege D, Joyce NR, VanRooyen MJ. Sexual violence trends between 2004 and 2008 in South Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo. Prehosp Disaster Med 2012;26(6): 408-413.
9. Kelly J, Betancourt T, Mukwege D, Lipton R, VanRooyen M. Experiences of Female Survivors of Sexual Violence in Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo: A mixed-methods study. Conflict and Health, November 2011.
10. Kelly J, Kabanga J, Cragin W, Alcayna-Stevens L, Haider S, Vanrooyen M. “If your husband doesn't humiliate you, other people won't”: Gendered attitudes towards sexual violence in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. Global Public Health: An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice, 9 June 2011.
11. Bartels S, Scott J, Leaning J, Kelly J, Joyce N, Mukwege D, VanRooyen M. Psychosocial Consequences of Sexual Violence in South Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of Congo. Journal of Peace, Gender and Development (1), March 2011.
13. Gupta J, Reed E, Kelly J, Stein DJ, Williams DR. Men's Exposure to Human Rights Violations and Relations with Perpetration of Intimate Partner Violence in South Africa. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.2012;66(6).
16. Kelly J. Allied Democratic Forces and Induced Displacement. Chapter in Annual Report, Uganda Human Rights Commission. January, 2007.
1. Scott, J., Molina, R., Kelly, J. Gender-based Violence in Humanitarian Crises. In The Oxford Handbook of Humanitarian Medicine. (forthcoming).
2. Azuero A and Kelly J. A Tale of Two Conflicts: An Unexpected Reading of Sexual Violence in Conflict through the Cases of Colombia and Democratic Republic of the Congo. In Bergsmo M, Butenschon, Wood E (Eds.),Understanding and Proving International Sex Crimes, 2012